Freitag, 22. November 2013

Balcony Tomatoes


I never ever want to live in a city again without having a balcony (or a garden!). This spring I spend a lot of time digging in soil. Planting flowers. Sowing seeds. Waiting. Being patient. Watering. I loved it! Spending time on the balcony felt like holiday. I also really like the idea of being able to plant your own vegetables. 
So one project were the tomatoes. We had seeds but the plant did grew really slow at first. But then I spend some weeks somewhere else and when I came back it was really high. Still there were no blossoms on the plant... So we were waiting again. Did fight against plant louses. And then there were blossom and suddenly small green balls, yeah, tomatoes! But as it was late in summer already, there was less sun every day... So we did harvest them green. Put them on the window sill with an apple. Nothing happened for a while, until I read that. So I did put the tomatoes in a box, wrapped them in newspaper and put them unter a shelf. And some days later I check and it worked!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen